I'm baaaaaaack!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's Been a Long Time...

Well, 2012 certainly happened. Right? I'm pretty sure it did. It was both a great year and a frustrating/sad year for me. Ups and downs are all part of the cycle, I know.

My involvement in Fetlife has decreased to almost nothing. My involvement in my local community has also been flagging. It's too easy for me to get caught up in the issues of the moment, for one thing. I also don't really have need for a lot of the manufactured drama that takes place. But I feel incredibly blessed by my involvement in both, because I've gained some priceless people from the experience.

One of the first (chronologically) is a woman I attended high school (and likely middle school) with, and was able to reconnect with because of this thing we do. I love and adore her.

Another is a woman who has managed, in an instant (objectively speaking), to become my best friend in the world. It should also be noted that I have very naughty thoughts about her, and that she occasionally does deliciously evil things to me. I have seen her naked and been naked in her presence. She is gorgeous and delicious and witty and delightfully neurotic. I will write more about her later, and not just because she's one of the reasons I've begun blogging again.

There is also Talia, whom I don't see as often as I'd like, but I absolutely treasure her friendship. She recently flogged me (in a public space!) again, for the first time since February of last year! My love has been remiss in reaching out.

There are others I'm glad to know, but these are the standouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment