I'm baaaaaaack!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Inspiration

I love good quotes. I've taken to watching Criminal Minds and writing some of them down, in fact. I love great song lyrics and movie quotes and everything in between. I thought I'd share some of the things that bring me inspiration, once in a while. I have a quote this time:

"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." -Buddha

This is something I need to remember more often. Anger is a major trigger for me, and it will cause me to lash out in ways that aren't constructive. I'm not sure this relates to all issues of conflict, but it certainly applies to interpersonal arguments quite well.

I've heard people suggest that submissives should not address feelings of anger, but should be ashamed and suppress them. I think those people are stupid, personally, and potentially dangerous. It is downright unhealthy to pretend one does not feel anger at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment